Several schemes and users have identified the need for a National E-CINS Forum and I am now in the process of setting one up. I have listed some of the areas of business E-CINS is used to manage below. It therefore makes sense to have a number of working groups under the Forum umbrella. Each working group can cover an area of business such as Gangs, Offender Management, Linking E-CINS to other systems, and Early Intervention etc. It also makes sense for the E-CINS Security Working Group to come under the Forum umbrella as well.
Having a National E-CINS Forum and structured working groups will make it easier to disseminate information to key stakeholders within schemes and make sure that everyone can participate in the software design and development process.
Could I ask that if you would like to participate or nominate people to be part of the Forum that you email contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org. My Customer Support Team will start to coordinate this project. If you have any suggestions on how the Forum should be run or terms of reference can you email them in as well please. As E-CINS is now used across the country if we do want to meet face to face then the Coventry area is the most central and easiest to get to. At the East Midlands E-CINS regional meeting an initial Forum meeting was suggested and I am more than happy to find a suitable location. If you would like to attend a face to face meeting could you please include that in the email to email@example.com along with how many people you intend to bring and any suggestions on how the day should be run.
We will set up a section within the E-CINS Support Centre for the National Forum and each of the working groups. This will enable us to share ideas, list projects, ask questions and post comments.
Areas of business for Working Groups:
- Frequent attendees to custody
- Conditional Cautions/deferred charges
- Repeat/Frequent callers
- Management of long term unemployed
- Community Triggers
- Modern Slavery
- Integrated Offender Management (IOM) note: fifteen prisons access E-CINS in Staffordshire
- Child Sexual Exploitation
- Anti Social Behaviour
- Vulnerable persons
- Victims and Offenders
- Family Intervention Programmes
- Troubled Families
- Houses in Multiple Occupancy (HMO’s)
- Street Drinkers Dementia Project
- Licensed premises
- Hate Crime
- Domestic Abuse
- Restorative Justice
- Acquisitive Crime
- Gangs/Group Offending and Violence
- Environmental Health
- Unauthorised Encampments
- Missing Persons
- Youth Crime and Youth Violence
- Rough Sleepers
- Vulnerable NHS Patients
- Multi-Agency Operations
- Community Link Alarm Scheme
- Support for Prisoners and their families
- National Scrap Metal Dealers and Collectors Database (Accessed by British Transport Police, Environment Agency and every Local Authority and police force in England and Wales)
Management of Taxi and Private Hire licences and vehicles
- Prevent Channel Panels
- Domestic Abuse Perpetrators
If you would like to be part of a working group could you please email your contact details to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the area or areas of business that are of interest to you.